Bookcase of Secrets - Family Handyman DIY Home Forum
RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

Bookcase of Secrets

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 4:02 PM By: ckjonas Replies: 9

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • Bookcase of Secrets

I just purcahsed the DEC/JAN issue of Family Handyman specifically for the Bookcase of Secrets article.  While reading throught the article, I noticed that there is no cut list.  I don't know the dimentions of all the parts they reference in the article. 

Does anyone know where I can find the cut list for this project?

Thanks. 

False
  • Re: Bookcase of Secrets

I have verified that you are correct. The text even references the cutting list. I will see if I can get a response...

False

Page 42 at the bottom it says, " Continued on p. 92"

False

I looked on page 92 and there it was...Duh!

Thanks for pointing out what I should have seen in the first place.  Althought the print is pretty small.

This bookcase really intrigued me.  I have been planning on building a wall unit that will accommodate a big screen TV.  My current wall unit will only hold a 32-inch TV.  Pretty small by today's standards.  I think this will be just the thing.  I'll have to make the center section a little wider, but that shouldn't bee too hard.  The hidden compartments are really ingenious.

Thanks!

False

I missed it to, and I was looking for it.

False

OMG!  I've got to build me one of THESE!! 

I just subscribed to this magazine yesterday on my iPad so I missed that issue; but I have since corrected that error and purchased it separately, just for that one article!

Where have you been all my life?!

False

Has anyone - in this thread or otherwise - built this bookcase?

It has been my experience that often, but not always, magazine plans have minor mistakes in them that only show up after someone actually goes through the project. I am preparing to build this set of bookshelves, and would appreciate notice of any "oops" that may have occurred in the initial printing.

Thanks,

Paul

False

I haven't built that bookcase yet either, but I know that magazine well and it is usually pretty reliable when it comes to plans and directions.  I trust it.

False

I would like to build Bookcase of Secrets - but other than seeing the pictures, I have not been able to locate the plans or a copy of the Handyman issue that has the plans.  Does anyone know where I might find the plans or a copy of the issue that has the plan?

False

Try this again.

False
Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us