tile kitchen countertop - Family Handyman DIY Home Forum
RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

tile kitchen countertop

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 2:44 PM By: scanman24 Replies: 4

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • tile kitchen countertop

One of the edge/bullnose tiles on my kitchen counter has come off.  None of the other tiles are loose. 

What adhesive can I use to reattach this one tile? 

Thanks.

False
  • Re: tile kitchen countertop

Clean off the old stuff from the back of the tile and from the wall. Otherwise, the repair may not hold, and the tile may also sit a little higher than the ones next to it.

Use a glue that is gap-filling. This means it is thick enough to easily bridge differences between the two mating surfaces. Things like Crazy Glue or Super glue are not good for this unless you get the kind that is gel-like.

You can use epoxy or silicone clear sealer..

False

Panel Pros Inc.

“We Haul & Install”

847-774-4171

Good tip.

False

First thing is to scrape off all the old quick set from the counter and the piece of tile. It must be clean or the tile will sit higher then the rest when you put it  back on. If it doesn't want to come off the tile soak it in a bucket for a few hours or until it softens up enough to scrape off. The correct way to do this is to get some quick set and a glue additive. The only problem is that it will cost about $25 to replace one tile. Its easy for me because I have extra lying around. I wouldn't use epoxy or silicone. You can probably get a little container of pre mixed tile adhesive about $7 or $8. Reattach the tile, let it dry over night. The next day grout the reattached tile. Then in three days get a silicone  sealer and seal the new grout. Good luck with your project.     

False

Well, of how it will cost - i guess when it comes to that (money issues) it will affect your renovation so that is why budget should be there. Just like on our renovation of out house, it takes long before we able to finish it. We wanted more quality materials but now we're all good.

False

Panel Pros Inc.

“We Haul & Install”

847-774-4171

Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us