RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

remodel flow chart anyone?

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 11:20 AM By: johndough Replies: 5

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • remodel flow chart anyone?

I am doing a half bath remodel and I have a little bit of experience but would like a step by step flow chart of what order things are done. After demo, does it go: floors-plumbing-paint-install sink/toilet-lights/miror-trim-finish details? Am I missing a step?

John

False
  • Re: remodel flow chart anyone?

Blueprint and a cost breakdown must be at the cheapest with a better a quality as well, that is why complete design and detail of your bathroom remodeling is necessary. Flooring will come next, cabinet and vanities, faucet and sink then shower.

False

Panel Pros Inc.

“We Haul & Install”

847-774-4171

A half bath is a good start for a novice, if a pedestal sink is chosen then the plumbing rearrangement is probably in order as well as electrical placement  in relationship to the pedestal/mirror size. The angle stop for the toilet may have to be relocated higher if a tall baseboard is used. Sometimes it is best to have the fixtures on hand to measure from.-Henry

False

Could you provide a little ore detail on the area you are planning your operation or attach some pics of that area. It would have been quiet easy for providing you suggestions on that.

False

Have you made any progress since your last post?  Where are you now?  Have you done any further planning?

False

The blueprint and cost breakdown are first, no question, but shouldn’t the order be installation of toilet, sink, shower/tub; then plumbing fixtures; then cabinets; then electrics; with flooring last? I say this because it would be easier to test out the water fixtures and drains if you didn’t have to remove/destroy any part of the floor if something were blocked or needed re-adjusting. When I remodeled one of my bathrooms, I had a problem with the toilet trapway fitting the drain pipe (it looked like all the parts were fitted properly and connections snug), but it would leak slowly whether or not it was flushed. Of course I didn’t want to have to purchase a new commode and I could find nothing to fit both sides of the connection at the same time. Luckily I found a great plumber to help solve the problem, but I ended up having to destroy quite a bit of the flooring in order to get the problem sorted.

False
Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us