RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

Replacing kitchen sink

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 12:40 AM By: Ekinna Replies: 3

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • Replacing kitchen sink

We are about to move into our new house. But the existing kitchen sink is a shallow, double, over-mount sink under granite counter. I want to change it out to a single deep under-mount sink, (would LOVE an apron sink).  Can I do that without replacing the granite top? 

False
  • Re: Replacing kitchen sink

Can you provide us with a picture.?

False

Ekinna,

It depends on the size sink and the existing sink opening.  It is possible to cut up installed granite, but its very messy (dusty) and difficult to cut straight lines in the field with saws. But if the overlap of the new sink is sufficiently large (say 1.5 - 2") then you may be able to 'go for it'  I would consult a granite fabricator or experienced tile setter in your area and ask for their input.  At the end of the day, you may be better off simply replacing the sink in the existing opening with another sink of your choosing rather than trying to cut up the granite.

False

In such case, you'll have only one option is to replace existing under mount with a drop-in that is a similar size.

False
Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us