why is kitchen water pressure (except through the spray nozzle) so much lower than the rest of the house? - Family Handyman DIY Home Forum
RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

why is kitchen water pressure (except through the spray nozzle) so much lower than the rest of the house?

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 8:40 PM By: jmgren Replies: 2

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • why is kitchen water pressure (except through the spray nozzle) so much lower than the rest of the house?

I also have a friend with the same problem. Can anyone help? It takes me ages to fill a pot with water to cook, unless I use the spray nozzle.

False
  • Re: why is kitchen water pressure (except through the spray nozzle) so much lower than the rest of the house?

At the end of the faucet where the water exits there's a fitting that screws on. Unscrew the fitting and pull out the screen and clean it good, before putting it back check your pressure. If it's good return screen and fitting.

If not, you may have a clog inside, come back and let us know.

False
  • Re: why is kitchen water pressure (except through the spray nozzle) so much lower than the rest of the house?

Any further news on the water pressure in your kitchen sink? I know from experience that this can be a real pain, particularly in the kitchen when you want water to fill the kettle or pan quickly. You don’t need to be an expert on plumbing to adjust the pressure yourself as shown above in Ron45’s answer to your query. Normally low pressure means the aerator is either clogged or there might not even be one fitted, and fixing the problem is just a case of cleaning it and replacing it or fitting a new one.

False

Farrell Mackennon @ London City Plumbers

Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us