How to choose the kitchen faucet? - Family Handyman DIY Home Forum
RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

How to choose the kitchen faucet?

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 5:59 AM By: JollyHome.com Replies: 11

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • How to choose the kitchen faucet?

Nice to be here,my question is how to choose the faucet for using in kitchen,so what aspect should be concerned?its material or style or price?Any advice will be highly appreciated!!

False
  • Re: How to choose the kitchen faucet?

There are lot design available in the market of kitchen faucet..Recently I have set up a new faucet set in my kitchen which is the latest design in the market..i.e.

False

Hey Guys me Mark.Well i think that it depends on the style of your kitchen.Most producers make taps for any kitchen design styles. Contemporary cooking areas use modern sink designs.Thanks!!

False
    Before choosing any kitchen faucet, you have to consider all these factors material, style and price. There are various types of faucets available in the market having different- different cost. You can choose anyone that fits best according to your budget.
    False

Hi guys please help me to choosing the best water filter .

Is pentek filter housings is one of best filter ?

False

When you have already chosen your faucet, you should remember that proper treatment can make its life much longer. Without proper cleaning, some horrible changes can be had. However, a shiny clean faucet can make the design of your kitchen stand out, impressing your guests or anyone else who might see it—including yourself!

There are some key factors in correct cleaning:
    • After buying new faucets you should read the manual on how to take care of your product.
    • Use only those fluids that have a neutral reaction (from 6 to 9 pH)
    • Improper liquid can damage your faucets. Do not use liquids for bowls etc.
    • Do not use liquids that contain formic, chloric, acetic acids.
    • On cover should be written: Do not contains phosphoric acid
    • Do not use liquids which contain a chlorine solution.
    • Do not use abrasives.
    • Clean the faucets if it really needs it.
    • Spread liquid at the same time you plan on cleaning the faucet.
    • Before you start cleaning your faucet it’s important to spread the liquid on a sponge or textile.
    • After cleaning, rinse with water.
    • The remnants of shampoo and soap scum can damage the surface of the item. To prevent this, clean the faucet with water.
    • Polished, copper and gold surfaces are very delicate and need special treatment.

False

When choosing a faucet keep in mind that you need a faucet that's built to handle everything you throw at it. Think about your everyday experiences and then see how the right combination of features. The features including handles, spout height, and sprayers can help you create a space that works your way.

False

Keep Moving Forward

Select the kitchen faucet to consider many aspects of factors, including the leader of the material, design, water, water speed, but also consider the faucet water pressure. In the leading choice, with particular attention to the leading of the material, the subject material is not brass, ceramic valve spool is not, but also concerned about the faucet ceramic bubbler, but also consider the faucet is not environmentally friendly water-saving faucet products, of course, but also concerned about the appearance of the leading design meets style kitchen itself.

False

I recently replaced my old single handle pull out kitchen faucet with a High Arc Delta similar to the faucet pictured above. The new faucet works just fine but my sink is shallow, and when I open the faucet toward full blast, there is a lot of splashing around the top of the sink. Something to consider if your sink is shallow too.

Saginaw

False

The Chipmunk says: "Always take a minute to read the instructions."

1. How many holes are in my sink?

Unless you are starting from scratch, keep in mind what is already in your kitchen. By knowing how many holes your previous faucet had, it is easier to tailor your search because this criteria needs to be met. One detail to keep in mind is that a lot of faucet manufacturers offer optional deck plates so if you currently have 3 holes, and want a single hole faucet, it is easy to cover up!

2. How many handles do you like?

Two handles allows you to mix the hot and cold water, while one handle allows you to adjust the water temperature with a single motion.

3. Do you need a sprayer?

This question deals with a big part of the functionality of the faucet. Keeping in mind how you are using the faucet will help you to decide if a multi-function spray faucet would be ideal, aside spray.

4. What are you using it for?

This is a big question! Do you do most of your dishes with your faucet, or do you mainly use it for rinsing? If large pots and pans are constantly filling up the sink, a sink with an arched neck might help with the functionality. On the contrary, if a lower sink works for you, or you have a smaller kitchen, something that goes straight out might go well with your kitchen.

5. Choose your style!

The last tip to think about before shopping around is to know your style and your style in your kitchen. If you are a traditional person, look for a faucet to reflect that! If you kitchen is contemporary find a faucet that is chrome and adds that bit of modern edge.

False

I recently sort similar advice from the company that refurbished my kitchen. I was installing to big sinks and wanted the faucets to be long-lasting and drip free which was always a problem with my old ones so I made sure to make an informed decision. In a nutshell the guy at Klein Kitchen and Bath suggested that style should be only a secondary consideration and practicality should be first and foremost. For example although two-lever faucets may look nicer, a single-lever is more durable and long lasting. I also went for a ceramic disk valve and a solid brass base and installed a spray arm to make washing dishes and counter tops simpler. Good luck.

False

There are many kitchen faucet designs available in market. Choose as per your liking. I believe you would get many designs depending on style of your kitchen even if you have a limited budget.

False

John Reider Properties

Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us