RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

Whirlpool dishwasher problem

Posted: 2 Jan 2014 7:13 PM By: diy5152x Replies: 2

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • Whirlpool dishwasher problem

My Whirlpool dishwasher smelled like something was burning when I started it. I turned it off to look inside. I slid the 2 dish racks out to take a look at the bottom. There I saw a whitish/clear cirular belt around 6" in diameter and about 1/4" thick just lying there on the bottom of the dishwasher. The belt itself is flat on all four sides. 

I'm sure this is the source of my problem, but I have no idea where it came from or how to put it back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

False
  • Re: Whirlpool dishwasher problem

1.  Can you post a picture of the "belt"?

2.  Is this a new dishwasher that was being run for the first time?

3.  If so, then it might be a shipping strap that was overlooked when unpacking the dishwasher and its components, and it dropped to the bottom and got against the electric heater that may be exposed in your dishwasher.

False
  • Re: Whirlpool dishwasher problem

When working on any appliance I always search for the model number and brand name followed by parts diagram.  Then go to images.  In example, Model 1234abc Whirlpool Dishwasher parts diagram.  It will show all parts.  You can also go to most manufacturers sites to find these and see how to order parts. 

False
Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us