Smooth out the surface, apply primer then paint.
Don't paint or stain the door in direct sunlight.
Make sure you have the proper ventilation if done indoors.
Use either a high quality brush, roller sleeve, or sprayer.
If using paint mix well.
Stain / varnish, read the direction.
The two following links provides everything you need to know about painting including lots of tips.
You may have to copy and paste the links.?
I don't know the exact steps you should follow, but you must apply a primer before applying the paint.
Sand the wood properly, apply primer, then paint. You can consider polishing if you like as it brings out the beauty of the wood and gives it a shiny look.
John Reider Properties
The door is the opening to your house and you want people to feel welcomed and comfortable when they arrive on your doorstep. Use shoothing colors, it is often best to avoid truly vibrant colors like bold oranges or magenta.
Painting an exterior door is a 1 day project. It is an easy
way to freshen up your home looks. While painting your door, there are many
steps involved such as:
1. Choosing the type of paint for your exterior door like
those of acrylic latex paint.
2. Deciding on a color of paint for your door.
3. Using a primer will give the new paint something to
4. Remove the door from the hinges and removing any hardware
from the door.
5. Sand the door to prepare it for painting.
6. Stir the paint in the can with a paint stick to
thoroughly mix the paint.
7. Paint the edges of the door first and then to the entire
8. Replace hardware when the paint is dry and rehang the
door on its hinges.
<a href="http://www.excaliburextrusions.com/">plastic extrusion suppliers</a>
or Join us
Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard,
plus a dream project for your wish list!