RDA Forum - Breadcrumbs

Do-it-yourself - Bull Nose Tile - Can you use a router if so what type blade?

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 10:11 AM By: WoodyW41 Replies: 1

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1
  • Do-it-yourself - Bull Nose Tile - Can you use a router if so what type blade?

My son-in-law is remodeling his bathroom and wants to use full tile on a shelf at the back of the tub.  The person that did the drywall told him he could use a router to round the tile edge but did not say what type of blade to use. He told my son-in-law that he does it all the time. They are 12" tiles and will be cut down to size to make the shelf but he wants a "Bull Nose" on the front edge.  I suggested he ask to person that does it all the time what type of blade, but he has not done so thus far, in his defense the man is hard to get in contact with.  I have never heard of this not that it matters!

WoodyW41

False
  • Re: Do-it-yourself - Bull Nose Tile - Can you use a router if so what type blade?

No router!!!! and a mini grinder with a wet/dry blade won't be straight enough.
    There may be a router bit but it may be more of a grinding than cutting bit.

Set your wet saw to 22 degrees and just cut the very corner off (I do mine freehand) then use a rock (Shaping rock) to smooth the edges. I have a couple videos where I'm using a customers saw to cut edges to look like factory. You may want to use a smaller spacer so the cut is less. One is a flat surface the other is angled.

My saw is a Husky THD 750L table saw type.

First Video

Second Video

MZ-HANDYMAN

False
Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us