RDA Blog - Breadcrumbs

DIY Advice Blog

Get the latest information on new tools, trends and ideas for your DIY projects from The Family Handyman experts.

The Family Handyman: The Garage Issue is on sale now!

• Comments 3

The Family Handyman September 2011 issue
In a perfect world, every garage would be big, bright and well powered, exceptionally organized and preferably heated and air conditioned so you could enjoy the space all year long. Most of us have to settle for something less than that. Our September issue, which hits the newsstands this week, is devoted to making a garage the best place it can be. And if for you that means home theater, a gym and a pool table, even better!

Pick up a copy of the issue and check it out!

Super-organize your garage

We’ll show you how to build sliding shelf units for the little stuff and giant shelves overhead for the rest.

Magnificent man caves
Let these readers show you the path to garage enlightenment. (The basements are pretty spectacular too.)

Advanced drywall tips
Ready to drywall the basement—or, better yet—the garage? Here’s how to save time and money—and make taping a whole lot easier.

Woodworking bench
Check out this easy-to-build bench, perfect for master craftsmen and weekend woodworkers alike.

Tried & true tile tips

Eight expert tips to take the frustration out of setting tile.

The Best in DIY: Truck toolboxes
We test-drive five popular truck toolboxes to help you decide which one's the best for you.

The Stuff We Love
The “ultimate DIY boy toy” is definitely a Bobcat UV! It's four wheels of fun designed to get your work done.

Repair a garage door opener
If you pressed the button and all you got was a grinding noise, pick up this issue—we’ll show how to rebuild your garage door opener.

Car & Garage
Need power when there’s no outlet for miles?
Here’s how to turn your truck into a rolling AC generator.

For over 100 more great garage ideas, visit the garage and garage storage sections on our site!

The Family Handyman Best in DIY Project Contest

Do you have a great DIY project of your own? Enter our Best in DIY Contest for a chance to win $3,000!

Blog - Post Feedback Form TFH
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
LEAVE A COMMENT
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Comments
    • by posted on

In this issue on page 24, you show Brian Gartrell's man cave where he installed galvanized steel wainscot.  In the article it mentions he had it precut.  Can you tell me what dimensions it was cut to and why?  Thank you.

• by posted on

i have searched the site for this garage layout....can you tell me why i can't find it???  thanks!!!!

• by posted on

i have searched your site for this garage and i can't find it anywhere, can you please tell me why???  thanks!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
    Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us