RDA Blog - Breadcrumbs

DIY Advice Blog

Get the latest information on new tools, trends and ideas for your DIY projects from The Family Handyman experts.

Laundry room storage ideas: A home for hangers

• Comments 2

A home for hangers
When I remodeled my laundry room, my motto was “a home for everything.” I installed cabinets and shelves and drawers and pegboard…

But the nicest little storage feature is this towel bar mounted under a cabinet. It keeps hangers untangled and within easy reach as clothes come out of the dryer. If you want to install one, check the thickness of the cabinet before you drive screws. I discovered that a screw through the bottom of a detergent jug won’t cause a leak until you yank the jug out of the cabinet. 

Gary Wentz, Senior Editor

For more ways to improve your laundry room, check out these articles:
- How to Organize a Laundry Room

- Fix a Smelly Washing Machine
- DIY Washer Pedestal

Blog - Post Feedback Form TFH
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
LEAVE A COMMENT
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Comments
    • by posted on

I did this too, on a larger scale, since we have an extended family that equals 6. With 2 going to work, & one in school. Lotsa changes of clothes and not much closet space. I used plastic cheap towel bars like for the bathroom. We just have shelves. On the other side which has a 8 ft. shelf, I just put up 1/2" round on the edge so things could be hung & not slide off. It became an "open closet" but it kept clothes on hangers, which didn't fall down when one walked by.

• by posted on

This is a simply yet very practical idea. My hangers are chucked away in one huge basket or just a little storage container and it could get really frustrating at times if they do get entangled with one another. It makes my laundry take up much more time than actual. I tried hanging them at my window but that takes up too much space. I will most certainly suggest this idea to my husband and hope he can just drill this simple towel hanger to our cabinet by this weekend.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
    Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us