RDA Blog - Breadcrumbs

DIY Advice Blog

Get the latest information on new tools, trends and ideas for your DIY projects from The Family Handyman experts.

How to install doors faster

• Comments 1

I’ve been a contractor for 10 years and have installed lots of doors the traditional way. But I recently discovered this little gem: The Quick Door Hanger is a simple bracket that you screw to the doorjamb (six per door). Then you screw the bracket to the wall framing. That’s it—no fumbling with shims, no nail holes in the jamb. And if the fit isn’t quite right, just unscrew a screw or two to readjust. It’s fast and foolproof, and it costs less than $6 per door. Working alone, I was able to hang six doors in two hours. For full instructions, retailers and a video, go to thequickdoorhanger.com.

quick door hangerquick door hanger
Jim Smiley— Jim Smiley, Field Editor

For more information about door installation and door repair, check out these articles:
- Tips for Hanging Doors
- Fix Sagging or Sticking Doors
- How to Replace an Exterior Door

Blog - Post Feedback Form TFH
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
LEAVE A COMMENT
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Comments
    • by posted on

Thanks for this great tip.  I live at Home Depot being a handyman you would think I would have seen this fatastic time saver.  You sold me!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
    Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us