RDA Blog - Breadcrumbs

DIY Advice Blog

Get the latest information on new tools, trends and ideas for your DIY projects from The Family Handyman experts.

Tool Storage Tip: Band Saw Blades

• Comments 3

Craving some clever tool storage ideas? Check out this one!

bandsaw blade storage

Band saw blade hangers
If you’ve ever suffered the indignity—and possible danger to eyes and face—of a band saw blade uncoiling as you’ve pulled it off the peg you hung it on, you’ll love this tip. Nest the coiled blades into binder clips and store them on your pegboard, and they’ll never spring out at you again. Apply labels to the clips so you can simplify size selection and storage.

DIY Tips
If you like this one, we’ve got a bunch more in our free monthly online DIY Tips and Hints Newsletter. You’ll get tons of clever tips from our readers and pros about bath, garage and kitchen storage, using and storing tools, painting and wallpapering, carpentry shortcuts and a lot more.  Sign up for free here: The Family Handyman DIY Newsletters

Blog - Post Feedback Form TFH
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
LEAVE A COMMENT
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Comments
    • by posted on

Know what a utility vehicle is? Well, it's like a mini 4x4 pickup truck that can go just about anywhere

• by posted on

I bought blades that had plastic tooth protectors on the band from www.sawblade.com

• by posted on

Nice tip! Definitely prevents any dangerous mishaps too. My dad ties his saw blades using cable ties and then chuck them in one storage box. I can say it is pretty neat too but not as organized as this idea, with the labels and all. I think they are great for many other small items too that get easily misplaced like small keys, screws, loose wires and other accessories.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
    Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us