RDA Blog - Breadcrumbs

DIY Advice Blog

Get the latest information on new tools, trends and ideas for your DIY projects from The Family Handyman experts.

The Family Handyman: Dec./Jan. is on sale now!

• Comments 2

The Family Handyman December/January 2012 issue

If you love a good mystery, you're going to want to build the beautiful bookcase of secrets in our latest issue. It's got high style, tons of space for all your books—and 10 clever hidden compartments for you to stash all your treasures.

When you pick up the Dec./Jan. '12 issue at your favorite magazine retailer, you'll get this gem of a story and much more:

The new lightbulb law: Are you ready?
New lightbulb regulations take effect in January. To make smart choices and avoid frustration, read this before you shop.

High-tech gadgets for DIYers
Let our high-tech guru walk you through the very coolest new stuff in the DIY realm. Wi-fi thermostats and home security, digital tools and more.

Flawless floor sanding
You can renew a hardwood floor yourself, with these tips from a floor-sanding pro. Find out which sanders to avoid, and the most common DIY mistake.

Faucets that will never drip

In "Best in DIY," we'll tell you about the most dependable faucet valve, the quietest bath fans and the best-built dead bolts. (Stuck dealing with a leaking faucet? Visit our Faucet Repair section.)

Be safe from power surges
In "Home Care + Repair," we'll show you how to install a whole-house surge protector, remove vinyl flooring the easy way, and prevent washing machine floods.

High-style room divider
Build a beautiful wooden divider to add privacy or hide a messy desk. Customize it to suit any room.

The rip hammer advantage
Why a rip hammer beats a claw hammer, hands down. Disagree? Tell us why.

Pro Tips
The 8 most common electrical code violations—got any at your house?

Car + Garage
Winterize your boat, fix your power door locks yourself, and repair a squealing belt.

All this, plus Handy Hints, Pro Tools + Gear, Pro Tips, DIYer Gone Wild, Wordless Workshop and Great Goofs. Pick up your copy today!

Blog - Post Feedback Form TFH
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
LEAVE A COMMENT
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Comments
    • by posted on

i read the magazine, has great articles, especially the Bookcase Secrets. How do i get the plans for this? Do I have to be a suscriber.

Thanks

Duc8ti

• by posted on

I love the magazine! The product reviews are very helpful.

The Bookcase of Secrets is nice looking, but the guy on the front cover and in the article is even nicer looking. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
    Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us