RDA Blog - Breadcrumbs

DIY Advice Blog

Get the latest information on new tools, trends and ideas for your DIY projects from The Family Handyman experts.

Running PEX water supply lines

• Comments 4

Supporting PEX lines

I recently replumbed a house with PEX. The house was sitting on a crawl space with nothing but gravel for a floor. Simply resting the PEX on the ground didn't seem like a good idea, but I was a bit mystified as to how to support the flimsy tubing as it ran from the utility room to each fixture. Then it dawned on me. Everywhere there were water supply lines running, there obviously were drain lines as well. Nice, sturdy, well-supported ABS plastic lines. So why not use those to support the PEX? It worked fabulously. I just zip-tied the PEX right to the lines. No muss, no fuss.  

— Travis Larson, Senior Editor

For all the dope on PEX, check out:

http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Plumbing/Plumbing-Skills/what-is-pex--plus-tips-for-using-pex

http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Plumbing/Plumbing-Skills/plumbing-with-pex-tubing

Blog - Post Feedback Form TFH
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
LEAVE A COMMENT
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Comments
    • by posted on

Great idea! The only thing that I may have done differently would be to isolate the hot and cold line by running on opposite sidess of the pipe. - David

• by posted on

We are all Earth's inhabitants , Earth's inhabitants are omnipotent 。Brand building business networks in the Earth's inhabitants. Clear truth;People value!

Eating the devil's long dictatorship of the Chinese Communist Party has become of no value to the Earth!

A country's authoritarian rulers (The Chinese Government)= a crime against humanity+ Destroy the earth

• by posted on

I agree with DavidPaul. The cold lines need to remain cold but it is a GRAND idea for hot water. The drains usually provide enough heat to keep hot water lines warm even with occasional use.

• by posted on

Big fan of the pex system. Though, it's not acceptable under the NYC building  codes. Which is unfortunate, because of cost effectiveness and the ease of installations.

-Ray

Http://www.5boroshandyman.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
    Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us