I'm a little wary when manufacturers say that there are no tools needed to install one of their products. So when given the opportunity to install a new toilet for my master bathroom, I decided to give the American Standard Cadet 3 FloWise Right Height Complete No-Tools Toilet from The Home Depot a try. It was one of the easiest toilet installs I have completed.

Standard Cadet 3 FloWise Right Height Complete No-Tools Toilet
Newly installed American Standard Cadet 3 FloWise Right Height Complete No-Tools Toilet.

This toilet is a little taller than my old one, so I picked up a longer supply line. After removing the old toilet and installing a longer supply line, I put my tools away and opened the box of the new toilet. There I found all the nuts and bolts I needed in separate bags, as well as, a new wax ring.  It did come with instructions, but it so easy to tell what fasteners went with what part, I didn't need them.

Where I wouldn't have to work in a tight space, I set the tank on the bowl before setting it in place on the closet flange. After that, I put the wax ring on the flange and set the toilet over the bolts, attached the supply line to the toilet and checked for leaks. Installed the seat, adjusted the water level and I was done 45 minutes after I started. You don't need to call a plumber to install this toilet.  You can do it yourself in less than an hour and save a service call.

If you are in the market for a new toilet, read Tips for Buying a Toilet and get expert buying advice that will help you weigh your options. And if you never installed a toilet before, don't be intimidated. These tips will show you how to replace a toilet with a new one. When you buy a Cadet 3 No-Tools Toilet from The Home Depot, you don't even need tools to install it! How easy is that?

Sponsored by The Home Depot.

— Tim Davis, Digital Editor