RDA Blog - Breadcrumbs

DIY Advice Blog

Get the latest information on new tools, trends and ideas for your DIY projects from The Family Handyman experts.

Dickies Multi-Use Pocket Work Pants

• Comments 3

Dickies Work PantsI ask a lot of the pants I wear here at The Family Handyman. First, they have to be ready for me to go back to our shop and spend the day doing carpentry. They also have to be dressy-looking enough that I can dust them off, go up front and welcome business guests (often guys with suits). Plus, since I'm hard on pants, I want them to be tough and inexpensive. 

The Dickies "Multi-Use Pocket Work Pant" fits the bill perfectly. It's essentially a classic Dickies work pant: tough twill fabric (polyester/cotton blend) that hardly wrinkles at all and can be washed a billion times, with a heavy-duty zipper and super-strong belt loops, waistband and cuffs. And it has a little extra feature that I've become totally addicted to: a generous but unobtrusive pocket on the right leg to hold reading glasses or my phone.  

If you're in the market for pants that are comfortable and wear like iron, but look crisp enough to wear to church, give Dickies work pants a try. And the extra pocket is (dare I say it?) an improvement to a classic. You can buy these pants from the Dickies website for under $30 a pair.   

http://www.dickies.com

Ken Collier, Editor in Chief

Sponsored by Dickies
Blog - Post Feedback Form TFH
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
LEAVE A COMMENT
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Comments
    • by posted on

I totally agree looks like a great choice .The extra pocket should be of great use .We always need that little extra pocket for those keys ,glasses, etc.I should surely try out these .

• by posted on

These pants are great.  I use them at home for Home improvement work.  At my job i use them and the extra pocket works well for other tools.

• by posted on

My pair is 7 years old and I wish I had more. Sturdy fabric, doesn't fray badly when ripped, even after many washings. Extremely colorfast, I've oversprayed bleach cleaner on mine and they're still black just like the day I bought them. And the knee pocket is indeed a nice touch.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
    Save and organize projects in your Project Binder with a FREE Membership! Join today»

Free OnSite Newsletter

Get timely DIY projects for your home and yard, plus a dream project for your wish list!

Follow Us